- Commonwealth Environmental Water Holder
- First Assistant Secretary, Water Division, Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment (DAWE)
- Executive Director, Science, Knowledge and Engagement, MDBA
- and is independently chaired by Professor Rob Vertessy.
What will the co-design process involve?
The co-design process will occur over three months and is being led by the Research Consortium in collaboration with the Commonwealth partners.
The process will involve a series of theme based workshops between Commonwealth end-users and researchers to refine the research questions and to co-develop research plans.
Stakeholder workshops and briefings will be used to allow for input into the research development and to establish an engagement approach for the 4 years.
How is the program governed?
The program is overseen by a Governing Panel.
The Governing Panel comprises the:
The program is administered by the MDBA under a Memorandum of Understanding with DAWE.
What will the program invest in?
The program will invest in:
- The strategic research program through the Murray–Darling Water and Environment Research Consortium.
- Tactical investment through short-term and targeted projects to assist with addressing emerging issues. These will be identified through Commonwealth partners.
- Practical information for water managers: Synthesis and communication products that summarise existing science for water managers.